The Iloilo State College of Fisheries Research and Development direct, plan, operate, delegate, monitor, evaluate and manage research programs, projects, activities of the college; establish partnerships and linkages; provide prioritized, balanced, and sustainable services to the various sector and share generated knowledge and experience with the community.
It is the goal of the Research and Development to:
1. Promote research and advanced studies in agriculture, food security, management, forestry, ecology, industry and technology, education, integrated fisheries, maritime and allied sciences, local governance and rural development and other related fields.
2. Promote sustainable development and ecologically sound management for both natural and human resources.
3. Provide scientific data and information through an effective delivery system among stakeholders.
4. Establish and strengthen linkages among agency partners for resource generation in the implementation of plans and programs.
5. Render Technical services and expertise available in the college to the students, the community and other clientele.
6. Participate in the country’s development effort by providing trainings in special courses.
7. Promote a view of safety of life and property and the protection of the aquatic and terrestrial environments.
8. Establish a quality standards to ensure the efficient and effective education and training for a globally competitive market.
The Research and Development aims to:
- Explore productive areas and develop agricultural production and its associated services.
- Develop a sustainable agri-aquacultural and integrated fisheries technology for increase production.
- Strengthen information technology, business and industrial technology, management, social and maritime science research capability.
- Upgrade post-harvest handling and processing practices and develop and promote value-added products.
- Identify the linkages for resource generation and funding.
- Develop and enhance the research capabilities of faculty and students.
PRODUCTS / OUTPUTS
- Improved Research capability of Faculty, staff and students towards global competitiveness through Research Capability Programs.
- Enhanced Research Productivity of faculty, staff and students through Institutionalized Incentive and Funding System.
- Generated knowledge needed for Institutional Advancement towards National Development through Developing Higher Education Research, Technology, Innovations, and Inventions.
- Dissemination and Utilization of Research outputs through fora, publication and extension programs.
- Developed technologies on climate change adaptation and mitigation for all research areas/commodities.
- Maximized utilization of commercial fishponds, agricultural lands and other resources for research in support of the government thrust in agriculture, fisheries and tourism.
- Develop innovative technologies to enhance instructions in the social and maritime science through information technology.
- Conduct of capability enhancement for research.
- Encouraged researchers on product development and packaging for fisheries and agriculture.